Students at Baramulla Government School glad to receive new stationery supplies
• KarmaKonnect, along with local organisations such as Centre for Ladakh and Jammu Kashmir Studies, has been reaching out to these underprivileged children across the remote villages in these regions with essential stationery supply.
• As part of our initiative “Support Schools on Border”, the volunteers on the ground are connected with government and Army Goodwill schools on the LOC. They regularly visit these schools and meet with the teachers and students to understand their requirements. As per the requirement conveyed by the school, we schedule stationery distribution drives on monthly basis covering regular requirements such as pens, pencils and notebooks etc; and on yearly basis covering annual requirements such as school uniform, school bags, shoes, book sets etc.
• Volunteers along with School teachers organise various fun-activities to instil patriotism in school kids. It is important for us to set the right examples for the younger generation and help them imbibe the right set of values, because the younger generation is the future of Bharat.
• Kind donors who would want to contribute to our cause can send across stationery items to us directly. Following items are being accepted for donation: Sports Kits of Football, Volleyball, Carrom Board, Tiffin Boxes, School Shoes - Black, School Bags, Pencils, Pens, Copies, Portable Black Boards, Erasers, Teaching aid Boards, Teaching aid material, Colour boxes, Registers, Paint Boxes, Paint Brushes, books of general studies or any other item for school going students. One can also make monetary donations. The amount credited/received will be utilized in purchasing items at wholesale price from wholesalers. Receipts/ Bills of the purchases made shall be made available to the donors. All photographs of our stationery distribution drives are regularly uploaded on our social media handles and website.
- • Extreme weather conditions make it difficult for pupils to continue their education in Jammu and Kashmir's isolated alpine terrains. These regions are also continually challenged by border security challenges. These villages serve as Bharat's first line of defence.
- • Many vital stationery products and other useful things of everyday usage are not available in these remote locations. It is tough for locals to obtain all basic supplies because supply and everything else is uncertain for months at a time. As a result, children in these regions face difficulties in continuing their education. Students studying in schools near the Line of Control are the most severely affected.
- • The biggest challenge has been ensuring that these students have access to all basic stationery essentials like notebook, pens/ pencils, schoolbags etc.
• Amid constant threat of conflict and war, it becomes imperative to ensure that the school going kids remain ever positive and do not give in to negativity. It becomes challenging to make sure that these kids are exposed to good values and they imbibe positive attitude towards the country and realise their responsibilities towards in Nation Building.
Results & Outcome
• The freshly distributed stationery materials will make sure that the students of this school in remote Baramulla, have access to the basic stationery necessities they need to continue their studies, such as notebooks, pens, and pencils.
• A little support that they receive from us will help them meet their daily academic targest and achieve greater heights in life.
KarmaKonnect is a non-profit social venture that aims to connect the fragmented ‘giving’ ecosystem by empowering NGOs, donors, volunteers, corporates and government to create impactful social development interventions.
KarmaKonnect is an enabler; motivating and empowering individuals and organizations to tap the growing philanthropy landscape by creating, connecting, and/or collaborating for credible projects and causes.
The KarmaKonnect team is currently involved in a number of initiatives across the country, through various dedicated volunteers and NGOs. We are primarily working on:
• Child education and livelihood skills (slum evening schools/shelters and aiding low income govt schools) in Gujarat, Telangana, MP and Delhi through utilization of existing govt infrastructure and innovative collaborative models.
• Women Empowerment and legal help, rescue and rehabilitation projects (primarily on Gujarat and UP)
• Rural Empowerment and Citizens Change/Awareness programs (Gujarat, MP, UP, Telangana and Rajasthan).
• Execute comprehensive "adopt a village" projects for donors involving well researched sustainable solutions for development
• Training and placement of specially abled
• Refuge rehabilitation projects. (Urban slums)
• Adhoc Medical help and assistance as needed.
More projects in the same cause
KarmaKonnect | Delhi
KarmaKonnect | Sanand
KarmaKonnect | Ahmedabad
KarmaKonnect | Delhi