Evening Study Classes across city slums
Project Implementation Plan
The objective is to build synergy between the school and the other stakeholders, mainly the local community. Also, to create an extended platform at school to facilitate effective learning which is not limited to the syllabus, but which would motivate the children to pursue education with a clear dream and aspiration in life.
The program focuses on the children coming from diversified cultural and socio- economic background. Create an environment to harness child’s creative nature and to gain knowledge out of their experience.
- Donor School Adoption Model: As the initial step for first six months, the program is being implemented in and around few Government schools in Ahmedabad, Delhi and Telangana impacting over 5000 students a year. (School interventions OR after-school evening tuition shelters). In 2017- we plan to expand to 17 districts covering 39 Schools benefitting around 10000 children.
Donation required to IMPACT one school each month (about 600 Grade 1-8 kids): Rs. 9500/$140 approx. (includes employing and training teachers, stationary and miscellaneous costs)
For the underprivileged people in India, education is perceived as a high-priced luxury, and this outlook continues on with every new generation. Earning a livelihood and taking care of the members of the family is a primary matter of concern in for families of these children and hence, education stands a little or, very often, no chance of pursuance. Parents prefer that their children work to supplement household income, do household chores, or care for siblings or sick family members.
Results & Outcome
It is been a few months since we started teaching at "Manav mandir sarvajanik" school everyday for one and half hours and the progress shown by these kids is tremendous.
- The kids who didn't know Gujarati Kakko, have now started to recognize and write.
- The kids who only knew Gujarati kakko, can now read and write.
- Numbers till 10.
- They start and end their session with prayers.
- Many (not all) have started to bath, brush, cut their hair and nails.
- Their confidence has increased and have opened up to share.
- The class and school is now clean everyday.
- They now know how important it is to have good hand writing.
- Also learnt Drawing, a bit of general knowledge, how to play quiz.
Again, all these kids had the potential but just needed someone to guide and provide opportunities.
KarmaKonnect is a non-profit social venture that aims to connect the fragmented ‘giving’ ecosystem by empowering NGOs, donors, volunteers, corporates and government to create impactful social development interventions. KarmaKonnect is an enabler; motivating and empowering individuals and organizations to tap the growing philanthropy landscape by creating, connecting, and/or collaborating for credible projects and causes. The KarmaKonnect team is currently involved in a number of initiatives across the country, through various dedicated volunteers and NGOs. We are primarily working on:
• Child education and livelihood skills (slum evening schools/shelters and aiding low income govt schools) in Gujarat, Telangana, MP and Delhi through utilization of existing govt infrastructure and innovative collaborative models.
• Women Empowerment and legal help, rescue and rehabilitation projects (primarily on Gujarat and UP)
• Rural Empowerment and Citizens Change/Awareness programs (Gujarat, MP, UP, Telangana and Rajasthan).
• We also Executing comprehensive "adopt a village" projects for donors involving well researched sustainable solutions for development
• Training and placement of specially abled
• Refuge rehabilitation projects. (Urban slums)
• Adhoc Medical help and assistance as needed.
More projects in the same cause
KarmaKonnect | Delhi
KarmaKonnect | Sanand
KarmaKonnect | Delhi