A LAPTOP HELPS CHANDNI, PARTIALLY VISUALLY-IMPAIRED WOMAN, PURSUE HER DREAMS
KarmaKonnect Aims to Empower Women with DIgital Literacy:
• Battling Lack of Digital Devices and E-learning Opportunities – In this rapidly changing work environment, it has become very crucial that individuals are empowered with digital knowledge. Women/ Children from economically and socially weaker backgrounds are deprived of digital devices such as smartphones or computers. Even schools in these regions are not digitally aided. This poses a great barrier when it comes to E-learning and growth opportunities. One old laptop could mean access to education and learning for the deserving.
• Training and placement of specially abled - We at KarmaKonnect aim to help and enable specially-abled women to attain education and acquire livelihood skills so that they can earn a living, support themselves and lead a respectable life. In today's world digital learning can empower women in many ways and make them strong and independent. Basic knowledge of computers and internet can help them secure wide ranging job opportunities. Online learning opportunities will help them prepare for government exams. Also knowledge of e-commerce will help them set up and run small online bussiness and ventures.
KarmaKonnect urges people to donate their old laptops, iPad/phones to help these deserving individuals avail education and livelihood.
There are many who are deprived of gadgets like laptop and PCs, which hinders their progress and keeps them disconnected with growth opportunities.
For specially-abled women, belonging to weaker sections of the society, it is very difficult to earn a proper livelihood and support themselves. Job opportunities are already limited. In many cases, they cannot afford to avail laptops/ smartphones for accessing digital opportunities. As a result of which they remain deprived of the wide-ranging job and growth opportunities available online.
Results & Outcome
We reached out to Chandni Barot, partially visually impaired from birth, currently pursuing her LLB from GLS and preparing for banking exam. With the laptop that we could arrange for her, she will be able to unlock online learning opportunities and prepare herself for her upcoming exams well.
We wish her the very best for her bright future.
KarmaKonnect is a non-profit social venture that aims to connect the fragmented ‘giving’ ecosystem by empowering NGOs, donors, volunteers, corporates and government to create impactful social development interventions. KarmaKonnect is an enabler; motivating and empowering individuals and organizations to tap the growing philanthropy landscape by creating, connecting, and/or collaborating for credible projects and causes. The KarmaKonnect team is currently involved in a number of initiatives across the country, through various dedicated volunteers and NGOs. We are primarily working on:
• Child education and livelihood skills (slum evening schools/shelters and aiding low income govt schools) in Gujarat, Telangana, MP and Delhi through utilization of existing govt infrastructure and innovative collaborative models.
• Women Empowerment and legal help, rescue and rehabilitation projects (primarily on Gujarat and UP)
• Rural Empowerment and Citizens Change/Awareness programs (Gujarat, MP, UP, Telangana and Rajasthan).
• We also Executing comprehensive "adopt a village" projects for donors involving well researched sustainable solutions for development
• Training and placement of specially abled
• Refuge rehabilitation projects. (Urban slums)
• Adhoc Medical help and assistance as needed.
More projects in the same cause
KarmaKonnect | Delhi
KarmaKonnect | Sanand
KarmaKonnect | Ahmedabad
KarmaKonnect | Delhi