Empowering Women through Self - Awareness Camps
Project Implementation Plan
Under Project Asmita, several awareness camps and empowerment initiatives are delivered in rural areas and urban slums through field partners ( trained NGOs & Volunteers).
The camps touch upon topics of menstrual health and hygiene, sexual wellness, maternal and reproductive health, mother-child nutrition and good touch – bad touch. The women are also made aware of resources to reach out for help and government schemes and provisions focused on women’s welfare and development.
From Menstruation Hygiene, Good Touch/Bad Touch to Legal helplines and Govt schemes awareness, Project Asmita covers important topics often considered taboo, but very essential for our little girls growing up and women seeking their civic rights.
Menstruation is a highly tabooed topic in societies like such. The little girls, as well as the women, are not very open to having a conversation about menstrual hygiene, reproduction, domestic and sexual abuse etc.
The challenge is to spread the message and make them aware of the issues which they consider a normal part of life.
Results & Outcome
The karmakonnect team hosted a Self Awareness Camp at P.F.High School In Ahmedabad. The girls between age 9 - 15 were educated about the normalcy of having menstruation cycle, to break silence on domestic abuse and to make them aware of the number of government schemes that can help them to achieve their dreams. They were empowered with the civic/legal rights and welfare schemes for a better lifestyle. The children showed a keen interest in learning about things they generally cant speak to anyone about. They lift with the Asmita Kits and big smiles.
KarmaKonnect is a non-profit social venture that aims to connect the fragmented ‘giving’ ecosystem by empowering NGOs, donors, volunteers, corporates and government to create impactful social development interventions. KarmaKonnect is an enabler; motivating and empowering individuals and organizations to tap the growing philanthropy landscape by creating, connecting, and/or collaborating for credible projects and causes. The KarmaKonnect team is currently involved in a number of initiatives across the country, through various dedicated volunteers and NGOs. We are primarily working on:
• Child education and livelihood skills (slum evening schools/shelters and aiding low income govt schools) in Gujarat, Telangana, MP and Delhi through utilization of existing govt infrastructure and innovative collaborative models.
• Women Empowerment and legal help, rescue and rehabilitation projects (primarily on Gujarat and UP)
• Rural Empowerment and Citizens Change/Awareness programs (Gujarat, MP, UP, Telangana and Rajasthan).
• We also Executing comprehensive "adopt a village" projects for donors involving well researched sustainable solutions for development
• Training and placement of specially abled
• Refuge rehabilitation projects. (Urban slums)
• Adhoc Medical help and assistance as needed.