CREATE #GoodKarma EVERY CHANCE YOU GET
Donate Tablets (TabLabs) for Better Learning Experience to Students
About the ProjectCustomize This Project
Newspapers express dismay at the poor scores; academics talk about the statistics in panel discussions and very little changes. Making sure that every child learns the basics well in school is not only possible but fairly easy with the addition of TABLABS. Through your sincere support, the children would be provided with Tablets to aid learning. Some of the key advantages that a TABLAB offers in a government school set up are:
1. The diversity of content: TABLAB offers to students huge categories of content such as multi-media videos, activity videos, digital books, play way learning apps and practice assessments.
2. Local Language content aligned with state board: All tablets are pre-loaded with local language content in line with the state board. This helps teachers to make TABLAB, a part of regular activity, seamlessly
3. Proactive Learning with reduced teacher dependence: While teachers are crucial for any initiative to succeed, the way TABLAB has been designed is that it opens up students to a fun process of learning which engages them much better than anything else. It helps teachers to become a guide and focus on each child better
4. No dependence on electricity: A tablet charged for even 2 hours can easily run for 6-7 hours through the day. For TABLAB under the scope of the project, following components were set up in all the schools:
- 7” tablet with SD Card, protective screen guard, and a tablet cover
- Auto charging, Lockable Trolley
- Display board with all instructions on how to use, run and manage a TABLAB
- Multi-media state board aligned local language videos and play way apps
5. Local language assessments for monitoring of a child’s learning levels
6. Learning Management System: The entire content was delivered on a local language learning management system which made it extremely easy for students to use and navigate through all the content on the TABLAB.
For 20 tablets, TABLAB solution along with charging trolley, installation, training, baseline and impact assessment and content license for up to 5 grades can vary between Rs. 3.75 Lakhs to Rs. 4.25 Lakhs. This includes one-year replacement warranty of the tablets and multimedia license of 1 year.
About the NGO
KarmaKonnect is a non-profit social venture that aims to connect the fragmented ‘giving’ ecosystem by empowering NGOs, donors, volunteers, corporates, and government to create impactful social development interventions, often in remote and under-served areas.
KarmaKonnect is an enabler; motivating and empowering individuals and organizations to tap the growing philanthropy landscape by creating, connecting, and/or collaborating on credible projects and causes.
The KarmaKonnect team is currently involved in a number of initiatives across the country, through various dedicated volunteers and NGOs. We are primarily working on:
• Child education and livelihood skills (urban slum evening schools/shelters) in Gujarat, Telangana, MP, and Delhi through utilization of existing govt infrastructure and digital/innovative collaborative models.
• Rural Development Programs - Setting up Water, Solar and Livelihood/Entrepreneurship projects in remote tribal areas.
• “Adopt a Village" customized project for donors involving well researched sustainable solutions for development followed by a rigorous monitoring approach.
• Women Empowerment, livelihood, and legal help, rescue and rehabilitation projects
• Training and placement of underprivileged and specially-abled candidates
• Refuge rehabilitation and relief work
• Ad-Hoc Medical help and assistance as needed.
Karmakonnect also specializes in customized projects to help optimize donor and CSR spend and increase NGO efficiency.
Are you a Non-India Passport holder and interested in helping this project?Connect With Us
More projects in the same cause
KarmaKonnect | All Over India
Jyotisangh | Ahmedabad
Uthishta | Bengaluru
Sakaar Sewa Samiti | Ghazipur