Fundamental Right to Access to Safe Water reassured at Village Rajghat
About 50km away from Tajmahal at Agra, lies Rajghat Village is about 5km from Dholpur in Rajasthan, on the border of Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan. As part of Dholpur Nagar Panchayat in Chambal ki Ghaati (Chambal river basin) region, Rajghat falls under National Chambal Sanctuary. It is devoid of basic amenities like electricity and clean drinking water.
The Project aims to ensure the provision of safe drinking water in Rajghat Village – where villagers are currently forced to drink water from open-river stream carrying among other things - dead bodies and is house to crocodiles. In and around the village of Rajghat, we have been installing Water purifiers in the houses so that the people can access drinkable water.
Rajghat village is devoid of all basic amenities of life. It has no source of clean drinking water. It has no electricity. Nearest metalled road from the village is about 5 km away. In the absence of any road, there’s no way for any vehicle reach the village. Villagers walk to the main road every day. Rajghat has a population of 300-350 persons.
Villagers source their water (including drinking water) from the river Chambal. Besides being heavily polluted, there is also an added risk of being attacked by Gharials (crocodiles) and encountering human corpses that sometimes come floating in by the river bank. There have been incidents of men and children being dragged away by crocodiles. In the absence of alternate source of water, villagers continue to risk their lives.
Results & Outcome
KarmaKonnect took up the initiative to install water purifiers in each home of the village so that the villagers get access to clean drinking water.
This shall not only help protect the residents from crocodile attacks but also solve water-borne diseases that commonly plague these areas.
KarmaKonnect is a non-profit social venture that aims to connect the fragmented ‘giving’ ecosystem by empowering NGOs, donors, volunteers, corporates, and government to create impactful social development interventions, often in remote and under-served areas.
KarmaKonnect is an enabler; motivating and empowering individuals and organizations to tap the growing philanthropy landscape by creating, connecting, and/or collaborating on credible projects and causes.
The KarmaKonnect team is currently involved in a number of initiatives across the country, through various dedicated volunteers and NGOs. We are primarily working on:
• Child education and livelihood skills (urban slum evening schools/shelters) in Gujarat, Telangana, MP, and Delhi through utilization of existing govt infrastructure and digital/innovative collaborative models.
• Rural Development Programs - Setting up Water, Solar and Livelihood/Entrepreneurship projects in remote tribal areas.
• “Adopt a Village" customized project for donors involving well researched sustainable solutions for development followed by a rigorous monitoring approach.
• Women Empowerment, livelihood, and legal help, rescue and rehabilitation projects
• Training and placement of underprivileged and specially-abled candidates
• Refuge rehabilitation and relief work
• Ad-Hoc Medical help and assistance as needed.
Karmakonnect also specializes in customized projects to help optimize donor and CSR spend and increase NGO efficiency.
More projects in the same cause
KarmaKonnect | Nalgoda District
KarmaKonnect | Dholpur
KarmaKonnect | Rajghat
KarmaKonnect | Bhuj