BEING A VOLUNTEER - IN-PERSON
Volunteer for INTEGRATED VILLAGE DEVELOPMENT
Skills Needed: Report/grant writing
Accomodation: No Accomodation provided
About the Project
To sow the seed of cost less development through various Art of Living Programs and initiate Participatory Democracy to identify and resolve the gap in convergence in the identified Gram Panchayats. The project will focus on capacity building of the Panchayati Raj Institute members, community mobilization, motivating youth to become change agents, need assessment via Participatory Rural Appraisal, preparing Village Development Plan, Create Standing Committee and execution of need-based Projects in various domains.
You will be involved in:
1. Coordination with the field team
2. Conducting Participatory Rural Appraisals
3. Community mobilization activities
5. Monitoring and evaluation
6. Impact assessment The Project Duration will be 1 year. Language preference - Assamese. The volunteers will get to work closely with the rural community and learn the nuances of its governing and monitoring system.
About the NGO
KarmaKonnect is a non-profit social venture that aims to connect the fragmented ‘giving’ ecosystem by empowering NGOs, donors, volunteers, corporates and government to create impactful social development interventions. KarmaKonnect is an enabler; motivating and empowering individuals and organizations to tap the growing philanthropy landscape by creating, connecting, and/or collaborating for credible projects and causes. KarmaKonnect has launched initiatives in which it partners with knowledge partners and NGOs to nurture schools and enhances learning outcomes. KarmaKonnect’s Anmol Shiksha is a model program in collaboration with Shwas- Ahmedabad as a field partner to assist the Gujarat Government school framework with better learning techniques and strengthen it as a model that enables comprehensive learning environment.
The Karmakonnect team is currently involved in a number of initiatives across the country, through various dedicated volunteers and NGOs. We are primarily working on:
- Child education and livelihood skills (slum evening schools/shelters and aiding low-income govt schools) in Gujarat, Telangana, MP and Delhi through utilization of existing govt infrastructure and innovative collaborative models.
- Women Empowerment and legal help, rescue and rehabilitation projects (primarily on Gujarat and UP)
- Rural Empowerment and Citizens Change/
- Awareness programs (Gujarat, MP, UP, Telangana and Rajasthan).
- We also Executing comprehensive "adopt a village" projects for donors involving well researched sustainable solutions for development
- Training and placement of specially abled
- Refuge rehabilitation projects. (Urban slums)
- Adhoc Medical help and assistance as needed.
More projects in the same cause
Keshav Srushti | Palghar