CREATE #GoodKarma EVERY CHANCE YOU GET
Set up a Bio-compostable Sanitary Napkins factory and support rural entrepreneurship
About the ProjectCustomize This Project
KarmaKonnect will partner with Aakar Innovations to set up sanitary pad mini factory in Marriguda, Telangana, that will employ local women to manufacture and distribute bio-degradable, low-cost sanitary napkins. The solution will endeavor to break the silence around the issue of Menstrual Hygiene and provide knowledge and guidance to all stakeholders, especially adolescent girls. The idea is that something as natural as Menstruation does not become a thing of shame, adolescent girls have access to pads, know how to use and dispose them, while the community and institutional systems are sensitized and support them in this process. The eco-system will be created using ICT (Information Communication Technology) and Sports, so that they can come out of the four walls to discuss about MHM (Menstrual Hygiene Management) openly.
About the NGO
KarmaKonnect is a non-profit social venture that aims to connect the fragmented ‘giving’ ecosystem by empowering NGOs, donors, volunteers, corporates, and government to create impactful social development interventions, often in remote and under-served areas.
KarmaKonnect is an enabler; motivating and empowering individuals and organizations to tap the growing philanthropy landscape by creating, connecting, and/or collaborating on credible projects and causes.
The KarmaKonnect team is currently involved in a number of initiatives across the country, through various dedicated volunteers and NGOs. We are primarily working on:
• Child education and livelihood skills (urban slum evening schools/shelters) in Gujarat, Telangana, MP, and Delhi through utilization of existing govt infrastructure and digital/innovative collaborative models.
• Rural Development Programs - Setting up Water, Solar and Livelihood/Entrepreneurship projects in remote tribal areas.
• “Adopt a Village" customized project for donors involving well researched sustainable solutions for development followed by a rigorous monitoring approach.
• Women Empowerment, livelihood, and legal help, rescue and rehabilitation projects
• Training and placement of underprivileged and specially-abled candidates
• Refuge rehabilitation and relief work
• Ad-Hoc Medical help and assistance as needed.
Karmakonnect also specializes in customized projects to help optimize donor and CSR spend and increase NGO efficiency.
Are you a Non-India Passport holder and interested in helping this project?Connect With Us