CREATE #GoodKarma EVERY CHANCE YOU GET
Community Toilets in conjunction with Vermin Composting Sheds
About the ProjectCustomize This Project
It is planned to select 5 villages in Sanand taluka and install, own, operate and maintain in each of them, 2.50-ton composting material backed by a 1500 sq.yds. agro net based shed and 125 tractor trolleys of agro waste besides fencing and watering facility. Land for composting units would be leased in from local panchayat. The first lot of 125 tractor trolleys would convert to vermin compost in 6 – 8 weeks. It will also produce about 350-450 kg additional earthworms per location. Five such units will yield an adequate quantity of additional earthworms for one additional unit every alternate month. Vermin compost will be bartered with fresh cow dung / agro waste at a processing fee of Rs.2500 per trolley. The project would get raw material delivered at the site from manure seekers for the next round. Additional earthworms from multiple locations will be used to put up unit(s) in the adjacent village(s). In about 3 years from start, we may cover all 52 villages of Sanand Taluka with our Vermin compost units to produce 800-1000 tractor trolleys equivalent vermin compost annually. A unit may also produce and sell nursery saplings of green vegetables like chilly, tomato, brinjal, and crops like paddy, etc. as additional economic enterprise within the setup cost. A block of 10 bio-toilets drawing water from Vermin compost unit and decomposed excreta gone to the composting beds will also be constructed for the local community.
An amount of Rs.15lacs will cover one location.
About the NGO
KarmaKonnect is a non-profit social venture that aims to connect the fragmented ‘giving’ ecosystem by empowering NGOs, donors, volunteers, corporates, and government to create impactful social development interventions, often in remote and under-served areas.
KarmaKonnect is an enabler; motivating and empowering individuals and organizations to tap the growing philanthropy landscape by creating, connecting, and/or collaborating on credible projects and causes.
The KarmaKonnect team is currently involved in a number of initiatives across the country, through various dedicated volunteers and NGOs. We are primarily working on:
• Child education and livelihood skills (urban slum evening schools/shelters) in Gujarat, Telangana, MP, and Delhi through utilization of existing govt infrastructure and digital/innovative collaborative models.
• Rural Development Programs - Setting up Water, Solar and Livelihood/Entrepreneurship projects in remote tribal areas.
• “Adopt a Village" customized project for donors involving well researched sustainable solutions for development followed by a rigorous monitoring approach.
• Women Empowerment, livelihood, and legal help, rescue and rehabilitation projects
• Training and placement of underprivileged and specially-abled candidates
• Refuge rehabilitation and relief work
• Ad-Hoc Medical help and assistance as needed.
Karmakonnect also specializes in customized projects to help optimize donor and CSR spend and increase NGO efficiency.
Are you a Non-India Passport holder and interested in helping this project?Connect With Us
More projects in the same cause
Sakaar Sewa Samiti | Varansi
Uthishta | Munnar
KarmaKonnect | Ahmedabad
KarmaKonnect | Dholpur