BEING A VOLUNTEER - IN-PERSON
Conduct PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT Classes in Our Evening Study center – Anmol Shiksha
Skills Needed: Personality development/English Speaking
Accomodation: No Accomodation provided
About the ProjectTheoretical knowledge of a subject alone can no longer guarantee the success of a child. To thrive in this technology-driven world, students need to be equipped with 21st-century skills -- collaboration, communication, creativity, and critical thinking. And, we sincerely believe that love for learning and passion for exploring lead to the development of a community of life-long learners, which is, after all, the aim of all education initiatives. With an aim of refining the interpersonal skills of government school students, we will be organizing two-day workshops at our evening centers. You can be a part of this initiative by volunteering to teach the kids in a creative, fun and innovative ways. As part of the workshop, you will be conducting sessions on time management, joyful learning, career counseling, communication skills, confidence and attitude building among various others.
About the NGO
KarmaKonnect is a non-profit social venture that aims to connect the fragmented ‘giving’ ecosystem by empowering NGOs, donors, volunteers, corporates and government to create impactful social development interventions. KarmaKonnect is an enabler; motivating and empowering individuals and organizations to tap the growing philanthropy landscape by creating, connecting, and/or collaborating for credible projects and causes. KarmaKonnect has launched initiatives in which it partners with knowledge partners and NGOs to nurture schools and enhances learning outcomes. KarmaKonnect’s Anmol Shiksha is a model program in collaboration with Shwas- Ahmedabad as a field partner to assist the Gujarat Government school framework with better learning techniques and strengthen it as a model that enables comprehensive learning environment.
The Karmakonnect team is currently involved in a number of initiatives across the country, through various dedicated volunteers and NGOs. We are primarily working on:
- Child education and livelihood skills (slum evening schools/shelters and aiding low income govt schools) in Gujarat, Telangana, MP and Delhi through utilization of existing govt infrastructure and innovative collaborative models.
- Women Empowerment and legal help, rescue and rehabilitation projects (primarily on Gujarat and UP)
- Rural Empowerment and Citizens Change/Awareness programs (Gujarat, MP, UP, Telangana and Rajasthan).
- We also Executing comprehensive "adopt a village" projects for donors involving well researched sustainable solutions for development
- Training and placement of specially abled
- Refuge rehabilitation projects. (Urban slums)
- Adhoc Medical help and assistance as needed.
More projects in the same cause
KarmaKonnect | Ahmedabad
Uthishta | Bengaluru
KarmaKonnect | Banglore
Himalayan Blooms | Himachal Pradesh